Friday, July 13, 2007

Squatting Mishap

This blog is dedicated to a client of mine. As personal trainers, we LOVE to have clients who work hard and are consistent with their training. We also love to have clients who won't let something like ripping their pants while performing a set of Anderson squats get in the way of finishing their training session.

On her second set of Anderson squats, one of my female clients split her pants wide open. I wouldn't be surprised if someone across the gym heard the tear (over the lame John Mayer song playing in the background no less). I couldn't help but laugh my ass off and told her it was a right of passage. She racked the weight and then proceeded to put a towel around her waist and was perfectly content with finishing what I had planned for the day that way. How awesome is that?

Luckily the assistant fitness manager was kind enough to let her borrow a pair of extra pants we had back in the training office, and we finished our session.

I just wanted to give her kudos for being a champ. Not many clients would have a "screw it" attitude and want to train with a towel around their waist for an hour. That just made my day.

No comments: